VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah so i had the 0 to 30psi VDO Boost gauge from 42 draft designs and i had buzzing/rattling like crazy, any time i was on the gass but no boost(i think vacum related) and like every body else i had it over 9 psi.
so i picked up a $3 fuel filter from pep boys ( Purolator p/n F20004)
I cut the tube to the gauge right under my dash above the fuse box and used some thicker tube i had lying around to go over the boost gauge hose and fuel filter. cause no filter has a small enough adapter to fit in the boost gauge hose.
all i can say is i hear nothing at all. it worked perfectly... feel free to ask any questions

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Re: Boost gauge fix (skifis)

Quote, originally posted by skifis »
Yeah so i had the 0 to 30psi VDO Boost gauge from 42 draft designs and i had buzzing/rattling like crazy, any time i was on the gass but no boost(i think vacum related) and like every body else i had it over 9 psi.
so i picked up a $3 fuel filter from pep boys ( Purolator p/n F20004)
I cut the tube to the gauge right under my dash above the fuse box and used some thicker tube i had lying around to go over the boost gauge hose and fuel filter. cause no filter has a small enough adapter to fit in the boost gauge hose.
all i can say is i hear nothing at all. it worked perfectly... feel free to ask any questions

any difference in response?

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
Re: Boost gauge fix (gti415)

I did the same thing, no difference in response for me, same readings, no buzz. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Boost gauge fix (FrankiEBoneZ)

yeah i got the blue light in it looks really nice as for difference in response i have yet to notice any. i will post some pice in a few cause o got some requests

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (kilmer420)

Sorry bout the size but my cam takes big pictures... they should be easy enough to understand ... if you have any more questions just ask. good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts