VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
‘12 VW GLI, 6 spd - Candy White
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K., first let me say I am currently looking for a B5 S4 and no nothing about them really except for obvious things and what i've gathered from this site so far. I've never owned a turbo before. Do boost guages come somewhere stock install? Personally I hate the guages on the A-pillar and anywhere they don't belong, like on vents. Do I need one? Why?

·
Registered
8,471 Posts
u dont really need a guage unless your using to to keep track of what your engine is boosting,lets say bc you have a boost controler and want to try and keep the boost within reason, thats what you would need it for, i dont believe they come stock either

·
Registered
422 Posts
Re: (savagegarrick)

So you don't overboost what your motor is cabable of handling especially for the fuel system and software that you are running so you don't go super lean and misfire and cause damage.
If nothing else it will give you piece of mind. You don't need one on your Audi that your talking about unless you do some mods like bigger turbo's and some sort of boost controller. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
‘12 VW GLI, 6 spd - Candy White
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (SlammedVento)

O.k., so with a stock S4 I should never be concerned when gunning it at say 130mph down the highway for an extended period of time. I will be making lengthy trips up the east coast. Fast up and back is no problem or do I need to slow it down once in a while?

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Re: (97SequoiaVR6)

going to have to agree. you arent the only person on the road and it only takes one mother talking on her phone while ignoring her son, to swirve into the lane you are in, before something bad happends.
Anyways, no they dont come with a boost controller. You can get one from AWETUNING(www.awe-tuning.com) that goes into the centervent. If you are just running stock everything(btw stock s4 is pretty darn slow), you should be fine. If you get a GIAC X Chip, you should still be safe, but you'll want to monitor the overboost. And lastly, if you put on a MBC, you'll blow the motor or turbo. I know cause i own one....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.