VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after pics of aussies that have installed boost guages and where they got them from.

am interested in the AWE one i think it is but its for the us market only as it fits inside the right hand side air vent and that wouldnt work for us and wont fit in the left hand vent.

SSS_Hoon

· Registered
322 Posts
Re: boost guages? (SSS_Hoon)

http://www.awe-tuning.com/page...gekit
In here they've fitted the guage on the left hand side vent

I'm curious why you want to fit the guage there
because it will block most of the air from that even though the vent is fully open plus the guage will need electricity to work when you turn the lights on the air con might or most of the time contain humidity (water & electricity)
ps. But that just me may be I'm a bit to worry

Modified by golf32 at 6:55 AM 8-21-2006

· Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damm i meant that the us fits in the left hand vent and we need the right hand vent.
i would say that it would be sealed well enough to not worry about that sort of stuff though, the main reason is too keep the stock look of the car and it can be easily taken out for serivces too.

SSS_Hoon

· Registered
772 Posts
That AWE site is sick! they have the GIAC Flashloader for the MKIV !!! Does it work here? if so, get some seb!
I like the column pod on the newsouth site though. Anyone have one? does it block any vision of instruments?

· Registered
322 Posts
Re: (SSS_Hoon)

Quote, originally posted by SSS_Hoon »
damm i meant that the us fits in the left hand vent and we need the right hand vent.
i would say that it would be sealed well enough to not worry about that sort of stuff though, the main reason is too keep the stock look of the car and it can be easily taken out for serivces too.

SSS_Hoon

Oh ok

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.