VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
well I have an APR chipped 03 gti and recently it hasn't been boosting like it was just a week ago. I would normally boost to about 21 and then level back to about 15-16 psi to redline. Now all I get is about 14 psi. No spike to 21 like it used to. I think that my stock dv is starting to go. It's been chipped for about 18,000 miles and it held boost fine. What do you guys think?

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Boost issue, need advice... (MrSkills68)

Pancake pipe huh? i did hit a huge freaking pot hole on my passenger side about a week ago. Is it hard to check the pancake pipe? Do I have to remove anything?

· Banned
1,550 Posts
Re: Boost issue, need advice... (gonzo221)

for easiest access,
jack car up securely and remove passenger front tire
you will have more than enough acces to it at that point... it should starte you right in the face! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (TURBOJETTA420)

OK I checked out all the hoses and everything looked to be in order no loose fittings to speak of. When I first noticed the boost loss a couple weeks ago I reset my apr chip and then the boost went back to normal. A few days later my boost went down again. I tried a reset but it didn't work. COuld this problem be anything else besides a dv or leak prob.? maybe an n75 valve problem? I just found it odd that resetting the chip brught my boost back to normal. Any other suggestions guys? I already unplugged the battery to reset the ecu. That didn't work. It's driving me crazy!!
Thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.