VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally installed a boost gauge over the weekend... I am seeing 14-15 psi max boost (spikes and holds there). I have AWP + APR 93.
I read some archived posts (yes I searched!), and I see that some people are seeing about the same as far as boost performance from APR (93), and others are lucky and getting higher boost.
My question is what could I look at for possible boost leaks or slightly better boost? I got my stock DV replaced with the $30 Audi TT DV when I got chipped about 1 yr ago. I still have the stock N75 valve. Should I look at getting the N75 J valve? I assume the stock control valve is the "C" valve for AWP?

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Re: Boost Levels with AWP + APR93? (tricky_d)

Stock should be the N75F.
Cruising the archives you may have run across a post which showed levels of boost attainable on APR93 v2 on a car with a 2.5" turboback and a couple other mods. The N75J gave the best and most consistent results on my car with this setup. I believe there is a forum sponsor in the G/J4 classifieds section who is selling new N75J valves for around $50 shipped (if there are any left).

·
Banned
12,870 Posts
Re: Boost Levels with AWP + APR93? (tricky_d)

15 is all you get out of their v2 software now?
Skip the whole N75 nonsense and get a MBC. N75's ARE THE DEVIL.

·
Registered
10,870 Posts
Re: Boost Levels with AWP + APR93? (VDUBNDizzy)

With my Revo, i'm seeing 20-21 spike and 18 tapered.

·
Banned
12,870 Posts
Re: Boost Levels with AWP + APR93? (neu318)

Quote, originally posted by neu318 »
With my Revo, i'm seeing 20-21 spike and 18 tapered.

That's more like it. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
640 Posts

With My APR 93 I see a spike of 21psi and hold 20 from 2800 rpms to 4100rpms then it slowly tapers down 12 psi after 5000 rpm. Almost sounds to me that your in stock mode. When I'm in stock mode I only get about 14 or 15 psi with my J valve.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

My V2 93 oct DPP software did the same thing. Spike and hold around 15 or so. I put in a N75 J valve and now get the big 21 psi spike and hold slightly more boost through the rpm range. However this performance comes with a hitch. My car does surge at partial throttle in 3 and 4th gear. Nothing I can't live with. I am going to try the overboost kit, this supposidely takes care of that, we'll see. The H valve made no changes to my bost levels.

·
Registered
640 Posts

Version 2 with a J valve. My best 1/4th with just that set up is [email protected] If I could cut 2.1's for 60ft times I'm hoping for high 13's however I can't launch very well with the stock tires.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Re: Boost Levels with AWP + APR93? (grateful1)

With my stock F valve I would at least spike 18psi maybe 17psi at the least. I don't see how others are only spiking and holding 15psi?? When I would adjust my tables with V-tune I could get 20psi spikes with F valve however the improvment from 3000 to 5000rpms was much better with the J valve so I stuck with it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all input... I am running V2 93. Looks like I might try the J valve and see how that does.
Any suggestions where to get this valve?

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Re: (tricky_d)

Quote, originally posted by tricky_d »
Thanks for all input... I am running V2 93. Looks like I might try the J valve and see how that does.
Any suggestions where to get this valve?

Quote, originally posted by Raman Gain »
I believe there is a forum sponsor in the G/J4 classifieds section who is selling new N75J valves for around $50 shipped (if there are any left).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts