VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I own an 05 GTI 1.8t, the ecu is chipped with the GIAC X+ program. Other mods are intake, forge race dv, 2.5" catless downpipe. The car spikes at 22psi and holds in 1st gear to 5k then bleeds off to 16psi. Second gear does the same but bleeds off to 16psi around 5500rpm. 3rd gear holds 21-22psi all the way to 6100, and 4th and 5th hold through the entire rpm range. My question is why is the boost bleeding off? I've checked all connections/hoses in the car and everything is solid. Wastegate actuator problem I assume? Is it the N75 valve? I'm clueless and it frustrates me because it would be nice to hold 22psi through 1st and 2nd, the strongest gears.
If there is any way to hold that boost level please help me out. Thanks everyone...

C-

· Registered
723 Posts
Re: Boost problems, solution needed! (BlackAsNight1.8)

Won't happen with the stock turbo, the revs hit too fast in 1st and 2nd. You are getting great boost numbers as is. Be happy. Do you have any surging in the other gears. I know my X+ (newest reduced surge update) goes from 21 psi down to 17 up to 20 down to 17 up to 20.

· Banned
997 Posts
Re: (mj6234)

lol thats what i as gonna say, i spike 20 or 21 psi but when i switch at 6500k rpms i see the boost at 11-13 psi in all gears actually, id like to know what kind of mods you have that you are holding boost so good, small turbos dont have enough power up top to hold like that

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh no it really does make 21-22 psi and holds all the way till 6k. I have no reason to lie, thus the reason I made the thread, to see if I could hold that in first and 2nd. I see 22 in first and second till about 5k like I had stated before. And my mods are what I had listed in the previous post. The car pulls good, and the chip works excellent. Thats about all I can say. Sorry to the non-believers, I wish your car performed the same for you.
C-

· Registered
4,013 Posts
Re: (BlackAsNight1.8)

K, let's see a pic or vid. No one in the history of the 1.8T with a K03 has ever made the kind of boost you are saying. You sure your boost gauge isn't broken? I don't have a K03 anymore, but I remember 11psi at 6500 no matter what I tried.

· Registered
1,807 Posts
Re: (mustmax)

yeah man ur gonna need some proof to say ur holding 22psi til 6500 thats impossible with the k03, and if your gauge is reading that, its broken...i also wanna see that 22 psi in 1st...i have revo and only see 15psi max in 1st

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't need to prove anything. The gauge isn't broken lol. Sorry your guy's cars aren't performing as well. As for the revo I can't comment on it, as for the fact that I don't use it. Sorry guys, I just made the post to see if I could hold 21-22 through 1st and second. And YES through 3rd, 4th, and 5th it reaches 21-22 psi and holds to redline maybe bleeding off 1psi. No complaints on performance, just trying to make things a bit better.
Cheers All
Happy Tuning-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.