VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question for the g60er's out there. Did any of you notice a difference (big or small) when you increased the boost of your charger with your pulleys. Also how is your milage doing after the increase. I am running 12psi and was looking at the 18psi pulley with my Screw but was wondering if I should just go with the 22psi. Any ideas.

·
Registered
20,415 Posts
Re: Boost to Power (Raine)

first off, boost is air thats not making it into the engine. So it's not a great indicator of power (but it kind of works). I'm running 18psi right now, but it doesn't feel that different then 14). Since the car is only capable of reading 15psi, and then guessing about the rest. It's a less then ideal situation. Ideally you should be upgrading your map sensor if you're going to run that much. If you want to run 22psi, you'll also have to go to bigger injectors. But you won't be making that much more power. Your car only has 33mm (8mm stems) exhaust valves. Your problem isn't getting air and fuel into the cylinder. Its' getting the exhaust out. You're also going to be generating way too much heat for the stock IC to handle. Even a completely stock g60 will put out 5-25 more HP simply with an IC upgrade.
p.s. If you're looking for a cam (which you should be). I may be selling some custom BIG G60 cams soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts