VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure which fuel pump I should run in my MKV R32 ,when my turbo kit comes in (HPA 7670). I'd like something that can be installed in-tank, and can support 600hp max (only looking to make 420-450 awhp). I was thinking a DW400 In-tank pump kit that you can buy right off ECS. Will this pump be okay for my setup? Any info or recommendations would be helpful. I'd like to avoid something in-line with a surge tank, but if there are some benefits unbeknownst to me, I am open to it. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
The benefit of a surge tank set-up will be to fully eliminate any fuel starvation concerns. The idea being if you’re low tank, and launch hard, you may run in to issues with starvation. I do not have personal experience with at what tank level / hp levels (really acceleration g-force) this will be a concern in our cars.

That said the dw400 is plenty of pump for that hp. It’s also fully e85 compatible. If you’re planning to run pump gas, the dw65v is rated up to 500hp. Are you going to convert to a return-style fuel set-up? Probably important that you do. There’s some good threads on here about converting mk5 r32 to return fuel system.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I ended up buying a dw65 because a friend of mine is running that and making over 500awhp, but my tuner (Fred at United Motorsport) convinced me to send it back. I ended up buying a bosch 044 300lph, and my tuner says it should be fine to run inline without a surge tank for my power goals…. I do plan on running a return line setup and was going to do something similar to what I did on my old srt4 neon, which was run a return line back to the filler neck of the fuel tank, off of an aeromotive regulator. I will definitely check out the threads regarding the return setup. Fred did mention the tune he gave me is for a returnless setup, but can be changed for when I do get the return setup.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He said he's had 3 fail on him while tuning recently.... Thats why I returned it for the Bosch. Trying to find a thread on here for turbo vr6 fuel systems, but I can find it.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Fred advised me that my build would just need a replaced OEM pump for NA e85 high compression... 2 cylinders weren't getting fuel, needed to install wahlbro 255 and it still is loud

1 - 7 of 7 Posts