VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been considering the second upgrade of my Jetta IV headlights.After a week of ownership last Fall I installed a pair of OEM Jetta GLX headlights with factory foglights.This improved the short range visiblity greatly but I find I am still lacking high beam range visibility.I miss the GTI style headlights of my 94 Golf that had the separate high beam bulb arrangement.I find all other current model VWs have a dedicated high beam design that also allows the low beam to remain on in addition to the high beam.I realize that the Bora E-Codes utilize the H4 bulb only but with a different reflector design and with or without the foglamp,but are they worth it?How much better?Is the light output more clearly focused?On high beam the light seems scattered with the OEM USA lights.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Re: Bora E-Codes worth the conversion? (vwdocatheart)

Seeing that this was your 1st post, I will fill you in on the search function found to the top right beofre people start flaming you. I have close to 800 posts and if it was not for the search I wild be into literally 2000 posts. It works well, just search the archives for E-code and you will have countless threads to read from.
To answer your question...they make a WORLD of difference!!! I do not wanna spend the $1200 for HIDs...yet
and these will keep me happy for awhile!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Re: Bora E-Codes worth the conversion? (vwdocatheart)

quote:[HR][/HR]Bora E-Codes worth the conversion? [HR][/HR]​
Short answer....yes.
The highbeams on the e-code lamps are much improved. Send me an email as a reminder and I'll forward a PowerPoint presentation which shows the e-code vs. NA beam patterns.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Re: Bora E-Codes worth the conversion? (slvrathlon)

Here's a bump for the doc......

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Re: Bora E-Codes worth the conversion? (vwnut84)

Sorry....been behind the curve the past few days. I'll get this document out to all who requested tonight. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts