VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what i need to bore the bolt holes out to for wobble bolts? i thought i remember it being 15mm but i want someone with experience to confirm. i know its from the backside

And if you have any recommendations on machine shops. that would be greatly appricated and save me a lot of phone time.

I'd really prefer someone who has done it... so i can save the hour of explaining of what a wobble bolt is and avoid their initial fear that everyone has of a bolt that wobbles

:beer:

Thanks

· Banned
331 Posts
All 3 sets of wheels i have run with wobbles i have drilled out to 5/8" or 15.875 mm....just drilled a set last saturday, always done it by hand with an electric drill. Save your money and do it yourself.

you dont want em any tighter cause it makes it a real bitch to bolt up

· Registered
18,681 Posts
All 3 sets of wheels i have run with wobbles i have drilled out to 5/8" or 15.875 mm....just drilled a set last saturday, always done it by hand with an electric drill. Save your money and do it yourself.
Same here.

oh wow thanks. no drill press even? is it difficult to get straight?
No drill press needed, just keep the drill parallel to the wheel. The old bolt holes will make the bit self-align, like a pilot hole.

· Registered
7,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
thanks guys :beer:

@RPF1

wheel is a conical seat and so are the wobble bolts so that should be fine. the original seat of the wheel is still there just the opening is a couple mm larger

i would probably have to if it was an OEM 5x114.3 ball seat wheel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.