VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find a Bosch gr-26-x (12 volt) generator. I think it was a Porsche 356 part in the early/mid 60's They are the preferred choice for upgrading 6 volt systems on Type I's with the generator stand cast into the block. I am doing a complete restoration of a 1959 Type I but still want a 12 volt electrical system. Any thoughts? Thanks!!

Modified by misterbuster at 12:17 PM 2-17-2004

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Re: Bosch GR-26-X 12 volt generator (misterbuster)

I've never heard of a 1959 Type 3....prototype, maybe? And a convertible Type 3 sounds even more rare. Really....what gives?

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Re: (misterbuster)

Quote, originally posted by misterbuster »
Maximus...How can a guy who has owned vw's for 35 years make that mistake? Can't explain it! Thanks!
No....thank you. I'm 33 at present, and never claimed to have owned VWs as far back as -2yrs. of age. I'm just a little cloudy on a 1959 Type 3; I thought the earliest ones were 1961's, and the only documented convertible Type 3's have been accounted for - 2 Type 3 Notchbacks; one in VW's hands, and another in the hands of a private collector in Europe. My Type 3 knowledge may be a little weak compared to Type 1, 2, and kit cars.... maybe someone more knowledgeable can help here.
I was just looking to clarify what vehicles you have, in case anyone can help.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Re: (maximus_manx)

I just noticed the *edit* on the original post.....a 1959 Type 1 sounds more feasible. You may want to direct your aircooled VW questions to the Aircooled VW forum. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts