VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So I promise I searched. :banghead:

I just purchased a set of Bosch Icon wiper blades(19OE & 24OE) for my wife's '11 Jetta and I can't figure out how the heck to put them on. I took off the plastic piece that it comes with and tried to slide them into place between the walls but it seems that they have these little plastic edges that stick out and don't allow me to get the full mount inside. Sorry, it's a little hard to explain.
I took some pics. I hope someone here who actually has them can help me out here.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Very sorry about the huge pics. :(

·
Registered
572 Posts
I gave up trying to find any blades that fit. VW changed the size and I don't know of any companies that make blades that fit the narrower arms. The only ones I've been able to use are the crappy overpriced ones from the dealer.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Ok. So I promise I searched. :banghead:

I just purchased a set of Bosch Icon wiper blades(19OE & 24OE) for my wife's '11 Jetta and I can't figure out how the heck to put them on. I took off the plastic piece that it comes with and tried to slide them into place between the walls but it seems that they have these little plastic edges that stick out and don't allow me to get the full mount inside. Sorry, it's a little hard to explain.
I took some pics. I hope someone here who actually has them can help me out here.

:pic::pic::pic:
Their site only lists "3397118979" -OEStyle as being compatible with the sedan. The blades you got only fit the 11+12 wagon

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Their site only lists "3397118979" -OEStyle as being compatible with the sedan. The blades you got only fit the 11+12 wagon

·
Registered
572 Posts
Bosch's site is wrong. It also shows those blades fitting the MkV, which is impossible because the arms are different.

I'd love to find aftermarket blades that fit the narrower arms, but I suppose it might be a few years.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I spent an afternoon searching and searching for aftermarket wipers but found out that only Volkswagen's OEM blades will fit for now. Waiting for Bosch to add this adapter to the Icon wipers.

5C7-955-426-A Passenger
5C7-955-425-A Driver

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh you've got to be kidding me right? Car has been on the road for 2 1/2 years and nobody has wiper blades for it yet? And i'm assuming the OEM ones from the dealer are frickin' expensive.
This really blows. :facepalm:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
you could always just use a small socket push the pin that holds the clips on and switch them. Just a thought
Not sure what you mean by that. If the pin you are referring to is that little button that you have to press to remove the assembly, than that isn't the issue because you can't even get it down that far. If you look at the pics I posted, the one where I put the arrows pointing at those plastic parts that protrude out, they don't allow you to get it into the arm.

On a side note. I just got off the phone with Bosch and told them the issue. They said they are aware that VW just updated the wiper arms and that they're working on getting a new blade out. Also mentioned to them that the site gets all screwy.

Just called the dealer. Only $23 a piece in case anyone is wondering. Impressed. :peace:

·
Registered
728 Posts
I am referring to the pin that the blades pivot on, you might be able to push it out and switch the clip itself to make the old clip fit the new wipers.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh I see what you are saying. That might work, but I'm not going to risk screwing up the Bosch wipers so they can deny me a refund.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Understandable but still an option. Some blades you can just push it out to switch what connector you need to use on them. Had to do it for the wife's tiguan once

·
Registered
88 Posts
From what I can tell, OEM is no longer Bosch, but Valeo, and the dealer is usually cheaper than finding the Valeos (they run about $25-30ea.

New Jettas are teh same as the current audi A4... slightly narrower than the bosch 19OE and 24OE sizes.

Just when the 19OE and 24OE got easy to get (hell, my local Walmart has them).

·
Registered
301 Posts
What is wrong with the stock blades? Mine are a year old and still doing ok, but they need changed. I put stock blades on my wife's Golf and they work really good. She's really anal about the wiper blades. She hasn't complained once since I put them on.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts