VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4,271 Posts
Re: Bose Stereo System (Silververtu)

why not? isnt this the only way youre going to get Satellite?
are people saying no because the stock system is that good, or because the Bose system is not much of an improvement over stock?

· Registered
7 Posts
Re: Bose Stereo System (strider5)

I left the stock sound system in my 06 A4. I told the sales rep that I wanted XM, but he said not to get the $1000 Bose option. Wasn't worth it. You can take the car back to the dealer (if it is a 2006) since it is prewired for satellite and have them put the XM or Sirius in it. I think it was going to be around $520. He said that most of the Bose package cars that are brought back in for service, whatever have the bass turned down into the negative range. I took his advice and am having the dealer put the XM in it later.

· Registered
1,854 Posts
Re: (Silververtu)

Quote, originally posted by Silververtu »
Thanks for everyone's reply. But $520 for the XM or Sirius radio is not cheap either. Is this amount included the installation fee?

It's only $295 (non-nav model) from Clair Parts. I don't know what the installation is like, but I doubt that it'd be overly difficult.
Clair Parts
Part No.: 8E0-057-593-X
Sale Price: $ 295.00

· Registered
1,854 Posts
Re: Bose Stereo System (strider5)

Quote, originally posted by strider5 »
are people saying no because the stock system is that good, or because the Bose system is not much of an improvement over stock?

IMO, both.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.