VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Re: (Shainz)

Quote, originally posted by Shainz »
Where do I buy one of those?

looks like first you would need to fly to germany track this guy down and beg him to do it to yours
sweet custom though http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
It looks dieseased, IMO. The headlamp clusters look like they don't even fit the car anymore- almost like headlamps from some other car were grafted into this particular GTI.
It worked okay on the MkIV for some reason, but the MkV already has that "look" to it based on the shape of the headlamps. I don't see this "trend" catching on with the MkV.

·
Premium Member
11,956 Posts
Re: (BRM10984)

Quote, originally posted by BRM10984 »
It worked okay on the MkIV for some reason, but the MkV already has that "look" to it based on the shape of the headlamps. I don't see this "trend" catching on with the MkV.

My thoughts exactly. The MKV is already sort of "pre-bosered" from the factory. Much more and it just looks silly.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Re: (BRM10984)

Quote, originally posted by BRM10984 »
It looks dieseased, IMO. The headlamp clusters look like they don't even fit the car anymore- almost like headlamps from some other car were grafted into this particular GTI.

I wouldn't mind being one of the only people with this.I hear what your saying but it still could look sick in person http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: (blkmagic1)

Quote, originally posted by blkmagic1 »
two different cars, two different front lips
hot though, wish I had the cash

Yeah, they are two different cars, aren't they? I thought something looked funny about the "before" and "after" photos.
The shut lines aren't even the same between the two hoods.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: (~kInG~)

Quote, originally posted by ~kInG~ »
they are not before and after...
the cars are different...

Yes, but to someone who isn't paying attention, they may look like before and after photos.

That's why I put both terms in quotations.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
The look is definitely ill...
The only thing the kinda bothers me though is the seam or slighty crease in the metal extension just above the headlights on the second MKV...
Does anyone else see or notice that? The way the light hits the hood, it should look smoother.
Course it could have been the look they were going for to.
Either way overall I like it - definitely worth a double take!

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.