VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a used OEM factory double din headunit from one of the vortoxer. But he didnt send me the security code card,
and he seems disappeared when i keep IM and email him, no one answer. so will i still be able to use it? do i have to bring it to the dealer work out the code for me? what can i do???
I will let you guys know about his user name later, and let you guys beware of this member!!

Thanks for your attention

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Right now your only option is to take it to the dealership and explain your situation.Then, hopefuly, they enter the code if they dont assume the unit is stolen.
Why did you bought the unit without the security code?
You should have asked for it b4 getting the unit tho, no worries, the dealership will do the trick.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (Mex gti)

Quote, originally posted by Mex gti »

Why did you bought the unit without the security code?

Damn, Its a bit my fault about not asking the guy about the code thing, but in the email before i buy and the paypal notice i left him, i already mentioned that "remember to send me the security code together with the HU". He knows I need the code, but he still didnt mention anything about the security code card thing.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Re: (ddnmkun)

Sorry bro, didnt meant to agravate it was your fault or anything
. Like i said, just get a quote from the dealer and see how much they want to do it.
Its sad how common are fellow vortexers are getting ripped off by others
Hope it work well for you http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Re: (ddnmkun)

No problem, glad to see you got the code.
Now write it down in big bold numbers on a piece of cardboard for future reference
j/k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts