VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2018 VW Mk7 Dsg in black
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day. Bought my 2018 Vw MK7 GTI 2 months ago and came with a Revo stage 1 tune. On engine sure and not sure on DSG. Now i have an oil leak fron the dsg according to dealer and of coarse they do not have seals in stock.
So my question, can the dealer re-flash my ecu and remove the tune comletely?
Why? I think its the cause for my DSG leak.
Await feedback.
Thx

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Does the dash show the gears when in D / S, as it does when in manual mode?

If so, yes the TCU has been tuned.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Good Day. Bought my 2018 Vw MK7 GTI 2 months ago and came with a Revo stage 1 tune. On engine sure and not sure on DSG. Now i have an oil leak fron the dsg according to dealer and of coarse they do not have seals in stock.
So my question, can the dealer re-flash my ecu and remove the tune comletely?
Why? I think its the cause for my DSG leak.
Await feedback.
Thx
I've been running APR Stage 2 on my 2016 GTI for the past 3 years. I doubt the tune had any impact on your tranny. I also have the DSG tune. My car permanently shows either D1-D6 or S1-S6. If you have service records for the car you purchased, did they perform the DSG service @ 40,000 miles? I've driven nothing but dual-clutch cars since 2007 and performing that service every 40,000 miles is drilled into my brain.

·
Registered
2018 VW Mk7 Dsg in black
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hello thanks for advise. my full dsg service will be performed as soon dealer get all parts.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Are oil leak a common problem with VW DSG???
Do you know where its leaking from? Is the filter cap black plastic (stock is black plastic)? Pure guess would be that previous owner either changed their own fluid and that's source of the leak or they ran a filter "cooler" (finned metal) cover, etc or something. I think you probably have the locking diff also. Don't forget to get that fluid changed also.

·
Registered
2018 VW Mk7 Dsg in black
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thks for posting. have never seen the dsg from were its leaking. tech told me the front seal is leaking and all seals were ordered.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Please post back when it gets resolved. I'm curious what the final result will be (like they simply say "replaced the seals" or what) Thanks

·
Registered
2018 VW Mk7 Dsg in black
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the dealer says it leaking from the DSG. who knows???? the seals have been ordered 3 weeks ago from mexico not arrived yet. I am a bit skeptical.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts