VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so best CAI....???
And dunno what to do on the BOV or DV..LOSt on that one....Someone ..Anyone...Advice.
I know our cars dv run air back into our systems and bOV blows it off in the atmosphere.
Ready to buy just dont know what to order...?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Re: BOV or DV...? Want one have no clue what to get..Will BOV **** my**** up? (Delux247's1.8t)

I am still kind of new to these boards, but there seems to have been a lot of discussion about BOV vs DV, as well as discussions on various CAIs... give the search function a try. I think you will find a lot of stuff on this has already been discussed. Good luck!

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Re: BOV or DV...? Want one have no clue what to get..Will BOV **** my**** up? (Delux247's1.8t)

CAI = filter on a stick. Yes they are all the same
The 1.8t is not set up from factory to run a BOV, in short, it will make your car run rich. Just get a DV/CAI, you will get the PSH sound you want, and not screw anything up

·
Registered
1,101 Posts

get and aftermarket Dv and a cai and flip the dv and it will sound the same as a Bov. VW turbo systems are meant for air to recirculate through the intake stream, not to blow off. ECStuning.com sell a HKS SSQ kit which relocates the stream line to function and work right I believe. But if you just throw a BOV where the DV should be, check engine lights and running rich will overcome you, and 5 psi of boost lets you know how slow thw 1.8 can get with low boost http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif goodluck

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
Re: BOV or DV...? Want one have no clue what to get..Will BOV **** my**** up? (Amdek)

if your anything like that deluxe247 on the commerials then get the bov. Otherwise get the diverter valve.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: BOV or DV...? Want one have no clue what to get..Will BOV **** my**** up? (CapeGLS)

STILL A NEWBIE I DONT CARE AND IF I JUST STOP HOW THE **** WILL I KNOW
PEOPLE LIKE YOU SHOULDNT BOTHER POSTING

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

how will you know? a simple little thing called "search". that pretty little hyperlink isnt there for decoration. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts