VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,633 Posts
If you live anywhere that gets snow, see if you can find wheels only or just upgrade the rubber on your stock wheels. The BFG KM2's that come on the Rubi are less than stellar in the snow. BFG makes the KO2 and Goodyear has the Duratrac (which are on the jeep you posted) and both a better tire in the snow. If you get no snow, the KM2's are great.

·
Registered
11,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks Dan.

I live in Las Vegas where the only measureable amount of snow we have had in the last 8 years was maybe an inch at the Las Vegas sign and it was apparently newsworthy. LOL.

That was 2008.

I think I'll be OK on the KM2's. LOL.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
get a Cherokee. All the Jeep with non of the price.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
When did they make a Cherokee with a removeable top?

Oh, and incase anyone cares, I did get my 17 Wrangler. And I love it.

about the same time most Wranglers became hard parkers ;)

·
Super Moderator
11,633 Posts
Well that didn't take long...

Double check your local laws, most places require you to have a driver side mirror.

Other than that, looking good :thumbup:

·
Registered
11,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well that didn't take long...

Double check your local laws, most places require you to have a driver side mirror.

Other than that, looking good :thumbup:
Got that covered...

May not be legal by the letter of the law, but if I get pulled over before I get some actual mirrors, I am hoping the officer will let me slide by.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I have these rattly SOBs just to stay legal.
https://www.amazon.com/Olympic-Products-117-124-Safari-Textured/dp/B001JDE6ZW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1490121160&sr=8-2&keywords=jk+mirrors

The mirrors rattle around so much at highway speeds that you really only get an idea that there are shapes to the side and rear of your Jeep. Adding a set of those blindspot dots you attached to your vents helped out big time with making it easier for me to see since the smaller reflected image does not appear to shake as much.

·
Registered
11,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I wound up getting a pair of these:

They are just a set of generic Harley Davidson Long Stem mirrors (Part number 70236) on Amazon for $50.

The blind spot mirrors were HORRIBLE for backing up. I couldnt see where anything was behind me. I almost knocked my brothers jeep a time or two backing into my driveway.

These mirrors are much better. The do vibrate a very little bit, but nothing so horrible that all you can see is shapes and colors. LOL.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
But they're for a Harley.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
I was referring to the vibrations.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Get a jeep! It is by far the most fun vehicle I have ever had. I got rid of mine 9 months ago and I miss it dearly.

My 2014 had 35's, 5in lift, crawler concepts front and rear bumpers, and vks fab sliders. My son and I went off-roading every weekend and it was the best time of my life.

My 2015 was short lived due to a car accident 3 months after I got it. This had 37's and a 4in lift, upgraded Currie axles, vks sliders, and all the needed goodies.

I went from those to a 2016 gli and I'm already looking for another jeep. Who cares about gas mileage when you're having so much fun.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 45 Posts