VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys, Im starting a new thread about the Caloosa park meet in Boynton. This has really turned out to be a great meet. Its a good group of guys. No burn outs, racing, drifting, or any of that crap. Just grown up dudes drinking beer, grilling, and talking about car ****. The plan is to do this every Saturday. So far we have had an excellent turnout, some amazing vehicles, and some cool people. People have asked me if they can invite their friends who drive cars that aren't vw/Audi. The answer is YES! I think I speak for more than just myself when I say. True enthusiasts are fans of "cars/culture" and are open minded. After all, it's sharing ideas that spurs the process of innovation. Just please don't act like a dick and jeopardize the cool location. Invite who you want, just be smart about it.

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
What time usually? Also is it like BYOB and BYOF or what? Not sure exactly where in the park you guys meet either, then again never been there so it could be a small park seeing how google map is only giving me an estimated location.

·
Banned
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What time usually? Also is it like BYOB and BYOF or what? Not sure exactly where in the park you guys meet either, then again never been there so it could be a small park seeing how google map is only giving me an estimated location.
Yeah, its worth the drive. I usually get there a little early (1:00 or before then) to snag us a good spot. It seems were not the only ones that know its a sweet location. Everyone start flowing in at arond 2. I will have the grill roaring by 2:00-2:30. Everyone is incouraged to bring something. But not A must. The valuble items seem to be ice and charcoal. I will be bringing beers and dogs.:beer:

·
Banned
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Its on again guys!! Were looking at teh first Saturday of April

Heres a few pics of the location for those of you that havent been there yet. Should be a great turnout once again..

And heres some from the last one. Great time..

·
Banned
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The date is April 6th. Should be a great turnout. Grilling and chilling kicked off at 12:00-1:00ish, till the park closes:beer:

·
Banned
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A little over 2 weeks till the Caloosa park Chill-N-Grill. Hope to see some new faces out there this time (Im sure I will).

April 6th. Bring food and drinks. There will be picninc tables and charcoal grills. If someone shows up without food or beer, Im sure one of us will feed you.
:beer:

·
Banned
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 6th of April is right around the corner!! Ive gotten a LOT of interest in this one. Im sure the turnout will be awesome. Make some room in your schedules guys, this should be SICK!!!

CANT WAIT!!! :beer:

·
Banned
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sweet I should make it, what time ?
Planning on cranking up the grill at about 12:30-1:00. There are no actuall parking spaces. So you can park wherever you want. But this is more than likely gonna be BIG. So parking is "first come, first server". So the earlier the better. I've been on the phones all week, working on some GOOD food trucks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Planning on cranking up the grill at about 12:30-1:00. There are no actuall parking spaces. So you can park wherever you want. But this is more than likely gonna be BIG. So parking is "first come, first server". So the earlier the better. I've been on the phones all week, working on some GOOD food trucks.
Alright sounds good

·
Registered
412 Posts
Just wondering if you guys know of anybody else that meets up a little further south? Seems like everything is up in Broward....nothing down in here in Miami-Dade. I might try to come up to this one though. Seems like it's gonna be pretty damn big!

·
Banned
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just wondering if you guys know of anybody else that meets up a little further south? Seems like everything is up in Broward....nothing down in here in Miami-Dade. I might try to come up to this one though. Seems like it's gonna be pretty damn big!
Not to familiar with the Miami scene. I know that dub cartel is down there. And your right about this Caloosa park event. We've had some time to really get the word out. Should be great. Hope to see you there :beer:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts