VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Ok guys, GOOD NEWS!! I managed to get an AWESOME food truck to come out. For those of you that know the food truck scene, you might have heard of "Taco Fresh". Their food is REALLY GOOD! Things are shaping up quite nicely:thumbup:

Also managed to get my buddy Brett the headlight guy to come do some headlights. Mine were done 4 years ago and are still holding up.

http://www.theheadlightguy.info/

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well I can't make it guys. Had to sign up for traffic school, ill be at the next meet for sure or ill try to make it after 7 pm

·
Registered
113 Posts
Is there a head count? It seems like there aren't a lot of confirmed parties. There's a taco truck coming so there must be some people coming. Anyone have a VAGCOM setup they could bring so I could do some coding for my LED tails?

·
Banned
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Is there a head count? It seems like there aren't a lot of confirmed parties. There's a taco truck coming so there must be some people coming. Anyone have a VAGCOM setup they could bring so I could do some coding for my LED tails?
Nope, VW/Audi owners aren't easy to get to commit to anything :laugh: But considering our efforts last time got us a great turn out (in the hot-ass summer with 2 weeks notice), I'm expecting quite a bit more people. Our efforts have more than doubled, and a LOT more people know about it this time. Its kind of a shame that more people don't announce their intent to come out, it would peak more interest. FWIW, I don't think I've ever gotten a good response from the forums. My phone has been blowing up with texts though . Most of my feedback has come from local guys/friends. Ive got a military buddy stationed in Jacksonville that's supposed to be bringing a caravan of Mofos. The excitement amongst the people that have been there, is overwhelming (it really is a SICK location). Ive been pushing this thing like crack. Theres a pretty big scene in south Florida, you just gotta shake a few babies.

(and I promise not to shake anyones baby) :wave:

As for someone bringing VAGCOM, I think Nelson will be bringing his. Im sure someone else will also.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'll be there around noon till 1 or 2. Will have my laptop and micro can Vagcom. Will work on 06 and above.

·
Banned
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Well, i think the rain kinda killed it. With people coming and going, I think my last count was 38 cars from the begining to end. The rain didn't help. We had fun though. Tacos were awesome. The headlight guy came and did a demo on a black TT. Amazing work:thumbup:
I only managed to take a few pics. I'm sure someone else will post more pics.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts