VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my brakes have just starting acting up but my clutch has been for a while. I bled my clutch system before I did my actual clutch and it felt a little better. My question is has anybody had any probs with the brake master lossing pressure because a pocket in the clutch slave cause sometimes my brakes work great, and sometimes schreech right front tire sliding,
very dangerous but I have to drive being that I have to get to work,lol. help me guys I don't wanna spend a fortune on her cause I don't have it.

·
Registered
16,589 Posts
Re: brake and clutch pedal problem (SC corrado)

I'm not sure what your problem is. first off do you have ABS? Are your brakes locking up or just not getting enough pressure and the pedal goes to the floor?
When you did the clutch install did you lube the throwout bearing sleeve?
Did you lube the Slave cylinder's finger that engages the clutch assembly in the bell housing?
did you bleed the Clutch master cylinder first and then the slave and then repeat the process a few times?
Have you ever changed out all of the brake fluid? Have you ever bled the brakes to remove air and the dirty fluid?
what condition are your pads and rotors, ie how long have they been on the car and are they wearing evenly?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts