VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to convert my mklll from 10" brakes to 11" g60 corrado brakes. what do i need other then the rotors and calipers?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Re: brake conversion? (watchdog)

do a search for g60 brakes. i think all you need is the calipers and the rotors, but you might also need the brackets. dont quote me on that

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: brake conversion? (skippy8v)

tried just the calipers and rotors and they didn't fit. so i'm woundering if i need the spindles or something?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
To use the corrado calipers you need the hubs and spindles too. You can use 95 vr gti or jetta calipers and carriers, they bolt up.

·
Registered
20,129 Posts
Re: (malibu1228)

the only things you need are
1. the caliper carriers
2. the calipers
3. the rotors.
i have this conversion on my car. i did it myself.
you DO NOT NEED THE HUBS, unless you have some POS that the previous owner put early mk2 hubs on and such.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Re: (jhayesvw)

^^^Carriers, calipers, and rotors. And 15" wheels. The 14" will no longer fit.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: (Cyclopath)

i tried to bolt them right on but they wouldn't reach the mounts over the 11" rotors. i thought that the calipers may be the wrong ones but i double checked the stock number with the shop i bought them from. and they say girlling right on them and i was told that's the one. i'm getting

·
Registered
15,610 Posts
Re: brake conversion? (watchdog)

ohhh what people do for one more inch.....

i know a guy whos got it...
what a pain though if its your year-round.
cant use yer steelies for winter...

although corrado steelies r sweet, they are hard to get.
_dan

·
Registered
11,127 Posts

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Re: (watchdog)

You also need the carriers, hangers, or calliper brackets. They are called alot of different things. The 2.0 carriers will not work. There is very little difference in the calipers. In fact both will be stamped Girling 54. Left side is the G60. Right side is the 2.0.

Modified by Cyclopath at 10:28 AM 4-26-2006

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Re: (watchdog)

Quote, originally posted by watchdog »
this will sound strange but do the same pads fit in both calipers?

Negative. Corrado pads are bigger and thicker. I bought the pads and rotors from http://www.autohausaz.com for about 100 bucks.

·
Registered
11,127 Posts
Re: (Cyclopath)

they dont use the same exact pad the shape is the same however, the corrado pads are 0.730" thick, while the 10.1 pads are 0.600" thick, basically you can use the pads you already have with no problem, they just dont have as long a life as the "correct" ones
http://www.hawkperformance.com...0.gif
if you are thinking of the "g60" innapropriately referring to the girling 60's, then yes those use completely different pads

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: (L33t A2 Jetta)

this helps, thankyou. the pads are shaped the same in rthe calipers i bought but are noticably thicker. i just wanted to make sure i had the right ones.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts