VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to buy some and I was wondering what kind to buy. Its for daily driving. what is the difference between ATE teves, ATE power disc, and the cheaper priced Brembo? Will the brembos be just as good? there is quite a price difference. Pads, I think the mintex will work. thanks to who reply.

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
Re: brake disc and pads (marrman)

Never had ATE rotors. I've had Brembo and Power Stops, both were cross-drilled and worked fine.
I've heard good things about Mintex pads too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: brake disc and pads (marrman)

i have powerslot front discs on my 95 cab, they r cross drilled, they are pretty cheap, 120.00 for both, and i have hawk brake pads, they work great for me...

·
Registered
8,819 Posts
Re: brake disc and pads (vwjunkie20)

ATE are very good rotors. They make brake components for many cars (drum cylinders, master cylinders, calipers etc). I've been using them for the past 7 years in various cars. If you want some serious rotors though, go for Tar-ox Grooved. You should have them in US.
Mintex are good pads also. Only problem is that they kind of leave a redish brake dust on the wheel. Pagid also has good pads as well as Ferodo. Check them out.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Re: brake disc and pads (Black_cabbie)

I have ATE powerslots on my 95 GTI and LOVE them
A - they work great, the slots seem to do their job
B - they look great, they never rust or oxidize because of the cadmium coating so they stay bright and looking good
the mintex bads... "red box" I've used them and can
say that they're good, but I haven't tried a bunch of
different ones.
I think I bought my brake stuff from parts4vw's
last order was a small order but I didn't get
my m&m's
HEAR ME POTTERS, I want M&M's.
I think I'll buy some on my own and have it ready,
just in case so next time I can enjoy my candy
while I open up my toys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts