VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I replaced the rear wheel abs sensors l plugged them in at the connectors today.Now when I release the hand brake the brake light on the insturment cluster stays on.Is this because the system has to reset itself if not is there any other reason for this light staying on?

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Depends on what brake light you are talking about. Of course, that would depend on the year and model of your car. If it's anything related to the ABS system, it will set a code. Checking that system for codes certainly would let you know why the ABS light is on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Depends on what brake light you are talking about. Of course, that would depend on the year and model of your car. If it's anything related to the ABS system, it will set a code. Checking that system for codes certainly would let you know why the ABS light is on.
The brake light on the insturment cluster,it was going off when you would put the e-brake handle down but now since the rear wheel abs sensors were replaced it stays on all time

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had this happen to an old civic. Until I got the part in, still had to drive. Had to pull the fuse that triggered the brake lights and every time I needed to brake, I would turn on the parking lights which would light up the taillights. It wasn't as bright as brake lights but it was something.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The brake light on the insturment cluster,it was going off when you would put the e-brake handle down but now since the rear wheel abs sensors were replaced it stays on all time
The system(01VW Cabrio GLX 2.0 01M Auto Transmission) must have reset ,dash brake light goes on when you pull the ebrake handle up and off when lowered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts