VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd swear we talked about this before. Alot. But i can't find it, unless i'm directly skipping it in the FAQs and failing in search. So..

Simply, can i bolt on a M.C. from a A3 2.0 ? Can i use just the brake line attachment / divider piece (don't know correct term, sorry), or does it mandate swapping over the whole M.C. ?
I have had an A3 one sitting next to the fox for a while, and finally clicked that it's shorter which will allow me more Intake options - and probably better brakeing to boot, haha.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
The 22mm from the scirocco 16V isnt a direct bolton as TJAX found out so I have yet to mess with mine. Not sure how the A3's would fit. Preportionin valve is the piece ur talking about I think.

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (Fox-N-It)

Was there a thread where tjax discussed it not fitting ?
Even if i could just get the proportioning valve (thanks for term - i knew about the rear one from my disc setup, but didn't click there was a front one too, haha) to fit, that would give me another 2" of clearance..

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Re: (the brit)

If you put a 22MC and a stock Fox MC side-by-side you'll see the 22 is about 3/4 of an inch longer the part that goes inside the vac booster. When you try to install the 22 on the Fox booster the MC will start engaging way before you get it all the way on the mounting bolts on the booster. So when you do get it pushed all the way on and bolted down, the booster is already 1/2 way through it's working travel. I have tried to make a spare Fox booster work, in fact I tried again with another spare booster this w/e and I tell you the 22MC just CAN NOT be made to work with the Fox vac booster, if someone has gotten it to work I'd sure like to know how. I'm gonna try an A3 booster next weekend. 16v scirocco's are not common in the yards around here. Also, once you get the booster situation figured out, there's still the issue of the hard lines going in the MC at different angles. When I do find a booster that works, I'll be replacing the hard lines as well, so I'm not worried about that part. Hope this helps, couldn't find the other thread where this was discussed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts