VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Um, Ok... a while back i asked people in this forum if they expirence any brake noise, be it rubbing or squeaking or grinding or whatever, and a number of people responded sayin that they heard squeaks sometimes when braking, more so during the winter then the summer. Well, now that it's geting warmer out I am really starting to get worried. The sound i get (which is VERRRRY reminicent of the sound i got right before the brakes went out in my last car) is getting worse, and I dunno what i should do. Would simple expection of my rodder be able to diagnose the problem? I felt them before work this morn, and while they DONT feel chewed up or anything, they aren't as smooth as I think rodders should be (bare in mind, i dont known much of anything about brakes). I think I'd feel much better about driving my bug around if I maybe changed my pads or something. Think I should? If so, how hard a job is it? How much are pads?
Any thoughts at ALL on anything I've said is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Re: Brake pad question (Sebboh)

My 01 Golf has squeally front brake pads. The dealer has re-seated them twice, now, but says that brakes are squeally because asbestos can no longer be used in their manufacture. I have seen so many beetles with really really dirty rear wheels from excessive brake dust because their car has soft factory installed pads. My car has the harder front pads which I think were introduced mid year because the soft pads had excessive wear. My guess is your car has these hard pads too. My fronts also make a rubbing noise when wet and even dry! I'm sure they're fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.