VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The indicator light just came on in my 06 Jetta, 2.5L. Does the light come on for the front pads only? I changed the rear pads a few months ago, but the indicator light did not light to warn me that the pads were shot, and the pads wear badly worn.

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
The indicator light just came on in my 06 Jetta, 2.5L. Does the light come on for the front pads only? I changed the rear pads a few months ago, but the indicator light did not light to warn me that the pads were shot, and the pads wear badly worn.
If you have to change Brake Pads, other Brake related hardware, then change all Four corners at the same time.
It makes life easier.

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Not really. Front and rear pads wear differently. It would be a waste if they didn't need done

That may have a small amount of truth, but you will still be back in the shop for the other Pads/Parts within 6 Months.

Two trips to the shop that could have been done in one trip will cost more in the long run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.