VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I am stumped on this one....I really need some help and I HAVE searched. I have been to 6 different places to get brake pads for my car. ( 2002.5 GLI ) everyone keeps giving me the wrong brake pads.
These are the pads they keep giving me : ( if you can see )

THese are NOT the pads for my car. If you look closely you can see a tab on either end of the pad itself they stick straight out, mine do not, they are more of a hook shape. Does anyone know WTF I have different pads than anyone else it seems?
Any help is much appreciated as I need new rotors, already have those, and my pads are on their last leg, and I don't want to get charged an arm and a leg at a dealership.

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (tege0005)

I dont mean this in a nasty way but read the post please, I have gotten OEM pads and THEY DO NOT fit. I am beginning to think I have different calipers on my car. The picture that I posted is showing the pads that DO NOT FIT my car, Instead of the tabs that hold them in going out I need ones with a hook. Does anyone know what I'm talkign about?

· Registered
225 Posts
Re: (ChebuhHawk)

Quote, originally posted by ChebuhHawk »
I dont mean this in a nasty way but read the post please, I have gotten OEM pads and THEY DO NOT fit. I am beginning to think I have different calipers on my car. The picture that I posted is showing the pads that DO NOT FIT my car, Instead of the tabs that hold them in going out I need ones with a hook. Does anyone know what I'm talkign about?

Sorry you didn't say you got OEM pads in your first post, I assumed when you said "6 places" you meant 6 crappy neighborhood parts stores. Just bring an old pad into the dealer and have them match part numbers.
And yes I know what tabs you mean, the ones that fit into the slot on the carrier http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.