VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my brakes started to do this about 3 weeks ago.... they became spongy
and would only respond well if i pressed on the pedal hard and quickly, but when i would be going slow and started braking lightly, they would respond, only almost all the way at the end of the pedal, and even than it would feel really hard to brake, so in order to brake i pressed the brake quickly about 3 times ahead to gain some preassure on the pedal and that's the only way it worked... now I bought new brakepads, new stainless steel brake lines, and I bleed the brakes... and I thought that would do it but it didn't.
... now i don't know if its supposed to work right away, someone told me to give it some time for the preassure to settle or something like that.... but i would assume that after a couple pumps the preassure would set and it would work fine.
I used one of those bleeding valves to bleed them and today being sunday i am thinking about bleeding them again.... to see if i did it wrong or what happened.... anyways I really don't think its my master cylinder... althought it has crossed my mind.... any thoughts guy??? this is my daily driver to and back from work, or anywhere I go, and my baby aswell
-Abnormal

· Registered
987 Posts
Brake master cylinder? Mine went and had similar symptoms. Sponginess and all. Although it was a sudden thing. And it felt *really* unsafe to drive. Like, the brakes just *barely* worked at all.

Modified by Compass at 9:47 PM 3-12-2006

· Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Brakes not responding properly :( (G60Scuzz)

no abs, is it hard to replace it? because i'mma have my mechanic look at it tomorrow... and i don't wanna be over charged, and i would rather change it my self if i can do it in a couple hrs... I get home at 5:30 every day and with this weather i can't get **** done....
but hurray for my new stainless steel brake lines :p....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.