VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo I did my front and rear brakes and the rear went great and idk what I did to the front but sounds like metal on metal. I think a bolt mayyyyy be touching the back of the rotor what do you think?
Eye Eyebrow Automotive tire Human body Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Human body Gesture Automotive exterior Grey

Automotive tire Wood Gas Font Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
You're missing something in there. The bolt can stick out like that. It is next to the ABS speed sensor wheel that is not large enough to touch it.

Here is the point in the video where you can see the hub.

Steve

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You got a link to that brake kit you purchased?

Looking at some of my pictures (below, a closeup of the abs sensor), the abs tone ring should stick out beyond the rotor, which I can't see in your pictures.

View attachment 212160
I am not sure what an ABS tone ring looks like. Is it possible for you to send me a picture of it?
Also I forgot to mention the pads that came with the front were the wrong pads, so I went to NAPA to get a set of front pads that clicked right in. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but hey.

yes, here are the links:

Front: https://www.carparts.com/Brake-Disc...k=2022-07-31T19:26:01Z&bsft_lx=18&bsft_tv=241

Back (came out fine): https://www.carparts.com/Brake-Disc...k=2022-08-01T18:42:07Z&bsft_lx=18&bsft_tv=241

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I am not sure what an ABS tone ring looks like. Is it possible for you to send me a picture of it?
ABS tone ring is shown in the first moment of the video I posted above. A ring with little windows that allow your car to know how fast that specific wheel is going... deals with ABS and whatever traction/stability control your car might have.

And... as XDleader555 mentioned... seem to have the wrong rotors for your car.

Did you share with us what year, model, engine you are working with?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts