VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all! Selling a brand new, never installed HSTuning RSR Clutch Kit + Sachs flywheel. I ordered this kit specifically because of the stock feel and that it could handle Stage 2+ power. Unfortunately, sold the car before I had a chance to install it.

Asking Price: $1200

Price includes shipping within the US. Located in San Francisco, CA, can offer a discount for local pick up.

Exact product link

HSTuning RSR Clutch + Flywheel Kit Includes:
  • Sachs clutch and flywheel
  • OEM pressure plate
  • Transmission hardware kit
Pictures:

·
Registered
157 Posts
will this hold and be enough for stage 2+??? i've heard people saying a while back that while it was OK at first, it did NOT last too long, some even complaining about slippage after 10K or so after the install.....

now HS tuning seems to have one ( RSR hybrid) that they claim it holds more torque then the original RSR....

anyone have the HYBRID RSR installed???

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wish I’d needed it , but I’ve already got mine . Very good upgrade, loving this mod .
Thanks for sharing your feedback! Hope it helps others!

will this hold and be enough for stage 2+??? i've heard people saying a while back that while it was OK at first, it did NOT last too long, some even complaining about slippage after 10K or so after the install.....

now HS tuning seems to have one ( RSR hybrid) that they claim it holds more torque then the original RSR....

Yup, this is enough for stage 2+, it is rated at 480 Ft/lbs at the crank. APR's stage 2+ on 100 octane is rated at 404 ft/lbs at the crank. I remember one person having an issue, but that ended up being an install issue or improper break in. (I researched this over a year ago, so my memory may be a bit fuzzy :) )

I was actually offered the Hybrid because this was out of stock when i ordered it, however I still chose this over the hybrid for two reasons. 1. Closer to stock feel. 2. No chatter, the hybrid apparently chatters.

Happy to answer any other questions!

·
Registered
591 Posts

mine (original, not hybrid) has lasted nearly 35k miles at stage 2+. I love it. Lots of 4500 RPM launches and NLS track days too.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Sorry, I didnt mean to imply that. It does not slip.

So I went and checked my log and I put it in at 5,346 miles when I went stage 2+ and stock clutch was slipping in 4th and higher. This was in 2014 when the RSR first came out. I now have a little over 52,000 miles, so actually it is still holding after 47,000 miles and the car is mostly a track/autocross car so it gets beat on pretty hard. If I ever need a replacement I would get another RSR. Hope your experience is similar!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts