VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been gone over and over and over but the threads I keep pulling up are now in the archives and im wondering if some of these issues have been smoothed out....I just put in an order yesterday for a 2009 GTI w/DSG...Here is my qualm so far I love to mod cars im not looking to build an all out super touring rocket can but I am interested in the possibility of chipping and perhaps...and just perhaps wayyyyyy down the road an upgraded turbo kit....Ive read all the things saying the DSG has taken 400hp pretty well and that is well above what I ever aspire to own. The things I read constantly are "Rough Shifts on Stg1 & 2 flashes" Is this w/ all the companies (GIAC, REVO, APR etc...) Or are some worse then others..I know and understand the science of all customers happy will remain quiet and all of small population who have experienced trouble will speak out....Well I would like to hear some true opinions by DSG owners who are either A) Chipped B) Upgraded in anyway that increases their hp/tq #'s...If the problems still exist collectively im likely to switch to 6 speed because leaving a car stock is just something I was not born to do...im sure some of you can understand if not all...
Thanks guys I look forward to your inputs..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: Brass Tax...lets get down to it...modding and DSG info (Residentevol)

I would also like to know what the power level is that the DSG can safely hold. The DSG is quite appealing if It can hold 400hp levels.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Brass Tax...lets get down to it...modding and DSG info (ItalynStylion)

Since its so new the longevity of the DSG with that output cant really be said it can handle it or not...Im not saying that it wont or that it doesnt...hell even a manual car with stock clutch and no work done to it will give out at those #'s to some degree...I just decided to go manual to keep the costs of that inevitable failure down..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: Brass Tax...lets get down to it...modding and DSG info (Residentevol)

Yeah I know what you mean. Even if the DSG can hold a little over 300 it would be worth getting to me. Anything too much more than that and I don't need to be daily driving it.

PS: RE games were my favorite growing up

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: Brass Tax...lets get down to it...modding and DSG info (ItalynStylion)

HPA sells turbo kits for the MKV R32 with upwards of 450/415 (hp/tq). i believe they are equipped with the same DSG tranny as in MKV GTI's. i can only assume HPA has done rigorous testing and concluded that DSG could safely handle that sort of power.
they also offer a ridiculous twin turbo package that has 565/500 (hp/tq), but requires some upgrades to the DSG gearbox (Performance Clutch Packs, Re-Programmed Mechatronic).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts