VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im doing the swap into my rabbit and im writing this up to make sure ive got it right.
Parts list
1. 2.0 16v 9A
2. Ecu and wiring harness
3. you can use an existing 020 tranny (i can use mine from my 1.7 rabbit)
4. Scirocco 16v exhaust manifold and downpipe
5. Scirocco intake manifold (this way you dont have to extend fuel lines)
6. Scirocco radiator
Installation
1. remove all wires from your existing engine for mine its a 1.7 so im removing all the wiring hoses and exhaust.
2. remove engine (underneath or above)
3. make sure 16v is complete and put in place of old engine it should bolt right up.
4. install exhaust manifold and downpipe
5. install new radiator and hook up hoses.
6 hook up fuel lines.
7. start wiring...... being my first engine swap im under the impression that i have to have both bentlys one for the old engine and one for the new then i match up what wires do which and connect them or replace them. i plan on using a 2.0 fusebox and looking as to what wires control dashboard functions and connect to the fuse box? not too sure here
8. start the car up
am i close?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Re: Break down for 16v swap (peege711)

what fuel injection do you plan on using? if you are using the motronic you are better off with the stock intake from the 9A. the radiator doesnt matter you can use any one you want you dont have to run the 16v one. you will also need the a1 motor mounts either from a scirocco 16v or from a diesel rabbit

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Break down for 16v swap (blackbunny)

i want to run motronic because i thought it was more tuneable ie using chips. thats good to hear about the radiator. and why do i need new engine mounts can i just buy new poly mounts?

·
Registered
7,784 Posts
Re: Break down for 16v swap (blackbunny)

you'll have to use the old motor mount brackets and use the rocco motor moutns inserts or the diesel rabbit.
oyu'll have to use the rocco fuel dizzy or the motronic unit, but you'll have to extend the fuel lines to the other side of the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.