VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Willwood 120-5005 Dynalite calipers, Momentum billet aluminum mounting brackets, hardware, stainless steel brake lines, polymatrix pads and instructions.
If you are upgrading from a 10?setup to 11" all that is needed is a pair of G60 rotors. $475 plus shipping"

what's our break setting for our cars??? 20th??
is it worth the money to upgrade?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Re: break Q for the 20th! (turbo_GTI_#661)

This would downsize your front brakes since a 20AE has 12.3" front brakes and this kit is 11".

·
Registered
9,069 Posts
Leave it stock. 99.5% of the cars on road won't be able to stop better than the brakes that comes in this car.
Improving the braking = more likely to get rear ended.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Re: (PDing)

these do brake pretty well, if anything, you probably should do the stailess steel brake lines, new/better pads, and better brake fluid.

·
Registered
14,678 Posts
Re: break Q for the 20th! (turbo_GTI_#661)

Get some Hawk HPS pads, ATE racing fluid and SS lines from ECS Tuning. All you need right now and it's very cheap to do.
Oh, and it's brake, not break.

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
Re: (PDing)

Quote, originally posted by PDing »
Leave it stock. 99.5% of the cars on road won't be able to stop better than the brakes that comes in this car.
Improving the braking = more likely to get rear ended.

I'd rather get rearended than have the motor sitting in my lap.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Re: (bluanutonu)

Quote, originally posted by bluanutonu »

I'd rather get rearended than have the motor sitting in my lap.

But read the first post. That would be a downgrade so you might have the motor in your lap and be rear ended.

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
Re: (simplyredvw)

Quote, originally posted by simplyredvw »

But read the first post. That would be a downgrade so you might have the motor in your lap and be rear ended.

Mone was aresponse to PDING.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Re: (bluanutonu)

Stock breaks seem pretty good to me... about a week ago I was on the freeway and saw some construction coming up ahead. The lanes were going from 4 lanes to 3 to 2 and to 1 real quick, the 2 cars in front of me slammed on their breaks right in front of my face! So I slammed on mine too! Perfect stopping power! But wait, what about the cars behind me?!
I looked in my rear view, and the minivan behind me barely stopped before rear ending my brand new 20th!
After that all i could hear was clank, clank, clank and LOTS of headlights getting real close real fast! ended up 8 car pile up DIRECTLY BEHIND ME... wow i was feeling lucky... hehe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts