VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a question, while i'm sitting here lookin at all of your nice rides and realizing mine is so far away *tear* i was looking at some of your valve covers. Intsead of having that sort of rubber pcv/breather valve that goes to connect to the cold start valve and the air intake, you guys have like a mini air filter. What does that do? Where can I get one? How do you plug off the 2 existing holes ( Cold start and air box)

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Re: Breather Valve (8vdubber)

I was thinking the same thing. I want to get rid of that god aweful looking PCV breather on my motor. It doesn't quite fit right and the fact that it leaks is screwing with my idle. Is there a way to bypass this with a breather? And what do you do with the hose that goes to the intake manifold?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Breather Valve (brandon002)

I'm in the same boat as you man, mine was leaking and the idle was jumpin everywhere, went to autovalue and got another one for 3 bucks but you know what i'm talking about right? You look at some peoples rides and they have one of those circular air filters almost, replacin that valve... hmmm...

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Re: Breather Valve (8vdubber)

I know what a breather is, that is the little filter you are talking about. It just allows pressure and gasses to be released from the valve cover without allowing any unwanted dirt or debris in. They are relatively cheap too. I was just wondering how and what you do with the remaining hoses.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Re: Breather Valve (brandon002)

quote:[HR][/HR]I was just wondering how and what you do with the remaining hoses.[HR][/HR]​
Block off any open intake manifold vacuum ports with a rubber cap, and then attach the remaining hoses to the garbage can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.