VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 453 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back in November of 2011 I got my B5. I picked up a 2001 2.8 sport cold weather package, pretty much bone stock except for the wheels.

It had the typical problems of a b5, trim missing, ripped seat, pixelated lcd cluster.

First thing I did was get the timing belt and water pump done at shop because I didn't know anything about cars at the time. I also debadged the trunk, painted the grille surround black, I got yellow lamin x for the fog lights and some super white high beam bulbs. I also got a short shifter off ebay at some point as well and did the clear corner mod. I did a bunch of basic maintenance like oil change, air filter, cabin filter etc.

Here's a few pictures of me an my brother, he got his 02 wrx bone stock the a month before I got my b5.

I then picked up a set of b6 sport wheels of craiglist and refinished them. They had almost new snow tires on them which I put on the infamous mb tucsons and got new tires for the b6 wheels. Various things broke and got fixed along the way which was a great learning experience. Valve cover gaskets, cam tensioner gaskets, coolant o-rings, axles, control arms, tie rods, and much much more which I did all myself with the help of google.

That winter I picked up a set of oem mud flaps and a roof rack with snowboard attachments and I painted the tucsons gold because subaru.

I finally got coilovers, and of course I went with racelands because hey they're cheap and I'm an idiot. Well I put them all the way down and they were really bouncy. But still, I finally had my car looking the way I wanted it.

Finally low

Me and my brother getting ready for cars and coffee.

At cars and coffee. (oh the rock chips)

This was mid way through doing my cam seals, I made my own cam sprocket lock bar because **** spending $100 on a piece of metal. And I also replaced my disgusting coolant tank and painted the caps black.

I also got a buddy to cut out my resonator on my stock exhaust. Immediately regretted that and it sounded like ****. (and I scraped through it from it hanging so low)

I drove that around for the summer, and got an obx cat back exhaust, which by the way sounds amazing on the 2.8.

It fell off on the test drive haha but it got fixed

This is a skid plate me and my buddy made, it's great

Winter came and I decided I've had enough of the racelands, I sold them and bought st's during the black friday sale for a good price.

Rode around on stock sport suspension all winter which sucked but was great for all the snow we got

That's my sisters b5 in the background, bone stock, triptronic 1.8t.

One of the warmer days at the end of winter so I did some cleaning, still on stock suspension :(

Spring time finally came, coilovers went on and I was on the look out for new wheels

Found a set of 18X8.5 rotiform blqs with 215/35/18 tires on them for a steal.

Did some waxing at my friends house

My brothers wrx, my friends civic and my b5.

And now this is where it sets currently, I'm in need of spacers though

This is me an my friends 2.5 rs

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rotiform Blq
18x8.5 5x112 et35
Tires: 215/35/18 with decent tread left
Small amount of curbage, one has a slight bend but was balanced out by a shop and holds air fine, one tire has bubbles in the inner sidewall and is currently not on the wheel

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Flexing?

Added some lens flare in photoshop, I think it turned out pretty well

:wave:

1 - 20 of 453 Posts