VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

381 - 400 of 453 Posts

·
Registered
MKIV VR6, A4 B5,996 C2, MKVI JSW
2,035 Posts
^^^
I've been using the nifty fifty 50mm 1.8 and while i love using it, I need something more versatile to carry. Might have to pick one of these up :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
This looks so good. :thumbup: I was satisfied with my setup, but after seeing this, you got me looking for wheels again lol. Are they genuine OZ futuras? 18x8.5 or?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #392
This looks so good. :thumbup: I was satisfied with my setup, but after seeing this, you got me looking for wheels again lol. Are they genuine OZ futuras? 18x8.5 or?
Unfortunately they're reps, maybe one day I'll own some real futuras haha. They're Avant Garde M240s, 18x9s all around.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Car looks great Brennan! :beer:

Are you guys not going through wheel bearings like crazy?

I've been through 3 in 6 months... but I drive 100 miles a day 23" FTG.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #397
Car looks great Brennan! :beer:

Are you guys not going through wheel bearings like crazy?

I've been through 3 in 6 months... but I drive 100 miles a day 23" FTG.
My front right wheel bearing is bad but I don't drive the car as much as you do. I have alway had issues with cv axles. The boots usually rip and sling grease everywhere.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #399
Finally had time to fix the wheel bearing. It's been getting worse and worse over time.

I also need to order new tires for the AG wheels since the one of them are leaking at the bead and the tires are kinda beat.
Them I'm going to lower it down and get some 15mm spacers for the front.

Also when I was doing the wheel bearing I noticed my power steering rack boot was ripped and the control arms have seen better days so that will be on the list for the future.

381 - 400 of 453 Posts