VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bridgestone Turanza El400 Tires on 3.6 Specifically

Anyone else feel like these tires are just awful? Mine have only 18k miles on them, roughly, and they slip pretty much all the time. Wet roads, dry roads, uphill, downhill, unless I am super gentle on the gas (who would want to be in a car this good?) I have next to no traction for the first few seconds after hitting the gas from a stop... I saw the post about tires pros/cons but I'm looking for specifically ones for the 3.6 - I'm sure there are tires more ideally suited to this motor since it has so much more power.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Anyone else feel like these tires are just awful? Mine have only 18k miles on them, roughly, and they slip pretty much all the time. Wet roads, dry roads, uphill, downhill, unless I am super gentle on the gas (who would want to be in a car this good?) I have next to no traction for the first few seconds after hitting the gas from a stop... I saw the post about tires pros/cons but I'm looking for specifically ones for the 3.6 - I'm sure there are tires more ideally suited to this motor since it has so much more power.
You can't stomp on the pedal of a 3.6 no matter what tires youhave; there's no 4-Motion to keep it in check.

The ContiPro Contacts that came with my car are fine after 4 months and 5K miles. I also have a set of Conti DWS' that I just put on for the winter and those are fine as well. As long as you feather the gas pedal you should be okay overall...

:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.