VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my JVC KD-SH707 and it works great. A few questions to clear up though.
The wiring harness I bought says in somewhat broken English to not use the blue wire or the blue/white wire at all, despite the fact that the jvc harness has both. Right now I have neither of mine connected to anything. I sorta remember reading something that said you should even remove those two pins from the harness. Is mine ok?
I also bought an antenna adapter. It hooks up fine, but there is a teeny little wire coming out of it that I just kind of ignored. My reception is fine, but I don't want to mess anything up because I did this wrong. Any ideas what it is, or what I should do?
Thanks a lot in advance.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Re: Brief install questions... surely simple for you folks (fitzymj)

I would just leave the 2 wire unconnected, one of them is probably the infamous K-wire. As far as the antenna goes check the AM reception. If you get none then I would say that the extra wire is for powering the antenna. Hook it up if you want to do it right. Best option is to the power antenna wire or the accesory turn on wire.
Bryn

·
Registered
402 Posts
Re: Brief install questions... surely simple for you folks (fitzymj)

The blue wires coming from your JVC harness is for a power antenna or a turn on for any amps that you may have. Just leave them disconnected...except if you have the antenna adaptor with a blue wire coming out of it. Then hook up one of the blue wires from the JVC harness to the blue wire coming from the antenna adaptor.
Leave the other wire coming from the JVC harness disconnect. You can use this wire later on to turn on an amp, if you decide to get one later on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.