VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, lately I’ve noticed a short rattle coming from where I believe is directly under the driver’s seat. This only happens when the car is at a stop and in first gear, when the clutch is very slowly engaged. At any other speed and in any other gear, silence. I am stage 1 tuned and do have some mild clutch slip at times. If this was clutch related, wouldn’t it be happening in other gears? I don’t know enough about the mechanics of clutches and transmissions, but something isn’t right. I’ve also heard it could be a cross member that has loosened up a bit. Any input is appreciated. It’s possible this has been happening for months or longer, but usually I have the stereo on and am not really listening for abnormal noises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would suggest that most clutch related noises would be caused by the throw-out bearing. How many miles on the car?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Not sure about your noise but some clutch slip is no good. You will need a new one soon and if you allow too much slip, then the flywheel will require replacement as well. No one seems to avoid replacing the clutch on a tuned car.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: the rattle is coming from the tray on my newly installed Integrated Engineering air intake. Not sure if it’s a design flaw, but it’s obviously annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts