VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if it's legal/ can be done? I've seen hummers with this setup.
Something like this would be the perfect thing for that a** behind you that refuses to shut theirs off

·
Registered
9,287 Posts
Re: Bright Lights in the back to flash people behind you? (2.0LGtiPwr)

Not to sure, but I'm sure it will piss people off. Better off just giving them the finger.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Re: Bright Lights in the back to flash people behind you? (Lukedub)

Not only piss than off, might blind them (for a second) and cause an accident http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
41,531 Posts

not a really smart idea

·
Registered
1,473 Posts

if you saw it on a hummer, they were probably aux. back-up lights.
flashing people behind you? would you seriously do that

·
Registered
956 Posts

If someone's too dumb to realize that they drive with hi beams all night, chances are they are too dumb to undersatnd the meaning of bright white lights in the back of a car. Ask DMV what they think about it but I don't think it's legal. In some situations it might cause panic becuase people might think that there is a moron driving on the hwy in the wrong direction.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Re: Bright Lights in the back to flash people behind you? (Version2.0)

Those lights on the back of the Hummer were put there for offroading in lower-visibility..Gotta see behind you if you back up
Its very illegal on the road. I know someone that got a ticket for it..

·
Registered
16,108 Posts

since you have a 99.5 gti... it is a MKIV i hope... u can do this fog light mod..
so u can switch on and off, it's not very bright.... just about the same brightness as the brake light http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Re: Bright Lights in the back to flash people behind you? (TabulaRasa)

quote:[HR][/HR]If you ask me, you should either speed the hell up or allow the guy to pass.[HR][/HR]​
I knew that was coming TabulaRasa

Love your sig BTW

·
Super Moderator
11,662 Posts
Re: Bright Lights in the back to flash people behind you? (JCJetta)

I usually just get a passenger to get a mirror or CD to reflect some of the light back at them. They usually get the hint pretty quickly.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts

I remember when I was down for the EIP tuning show a few years back, this guy in this Corrado had a motorized setup hidden behind the rear bumper. It was sick!!! Totally blinding!! He must have had like six hella's mounted to it. I just liked that you could hide it. Cops wouldn't even know it was you.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Re: Bright Lights in the back to flash people behind you? (theevilshiftkey)

quote:[HR][/HR]If you ask me, you should either speed the hell up or allow the guy to pass.
Word.[HR][/HR]​
Triple word. People tailgate for a reason.

·
Registered
13,385 Posts
Re: Bright Lights in the back to flash people behind you? (dolemite)

I have had this happen, I Was blinded for more than a mear second as some a$$ was drriving with their 2002 Accord with the High beams and fogs on. Luckily I have power side mirrors and flipped them up, and also the rear view mirror. Then I preceeded to too follow him after he passed and flipped my high beams on. Too bad the stock corrado lights aren't that bright. He never figured it out though cause the person just kept driving with their high beams on.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts