VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the first day i had my Scirocco out, im driving along and all the sudden see another rocco off a side street. I quickly turn around to go check it out. Getting closer the first thing i notice is its a 16v, got closer and its in pretty good condition. It was sitting in front of some house and the people were outside. I passed it by and turned around and came back. This kid comes out, and i noticed he was one of my older brothers friends. He comes up to my car and says "do you wanna buy it"? So i said no, sorry im just taking a look. Now that ive had time to think and trust me ive done a lot of it, i want this car! (I always read posts with you guys talking about how addicting roccos are, i just relized how right you guys are)
So basicly i want this car and im trying everyway possible to get it.
Its got a fuel pump problem so they say, and i know thats not a big deal. But i want to know some things i could say to this kid to get him to bring down the price a bit. What have some of you guys said to people when intrested in a car?
. I havent heard a price yet but i want to be ready, when i talk to him

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Re: bring down the price (85werocco)

you got to point out every flaw of the car, no matter how small. don't act excited about getting. be all like "yeah, it's okay i guess. but look at that, and that, and oh! that's going to need to be fixed! do you know how much a new *insert whatever you see here* cost to replace?"

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: bring down the price (hitman88)

Yeah i feel you on that. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Re: bring down the price (85werocco)

notice how dusty it is, (paint is faded), svcratches, bubbles in tint (you will have to replace that yanno!), the muffler tip is it chrome of stock looking (downplay the power a little - ah so it snot a techtonic exhaust I see), how are the carpets, look into the wheel well like your looking for rust, look under the car (just stare at it for 2 mins, come up saying (Humm.. right!) looks at the brakes, ( mumbles softly... probably need to change the pads too...) use a note pad, scribbles stuff on it... I use TODO, ToDo Later.. and I alway put coolant, thermostat.. Looking into the engine.. Ah Yes, squeeze a hose (pick one) .. they are getting soft eh? probably need to replace those soon.. When is the last time he changed the timing belt (chances are not recently.. add that to the list, + timing tensionner)... I usually bring a smaller type pad, flipping through scribbling, back and forth, inspect the trunk for water rust spots, pull the rear carpet up ... pull one of the rear tailight covers and look for water on there (car may leak and may need additional repair) .. and the list of examination continues with inspection of the frame (kneel rear tailight and loo down the body line towards the hood on both sides.. see if you can see warping (of any minuscule type), note it, walk to it run your hand on the body part.. wil need body work I guess..
if the kid want to show you something, look at it in a semi inetrested eye, yeah that is fine, if he pushes that item, be blunt, I aint buying the car for XXXX part on it.
(I had a guy pushing "scirocco" mud flaps. )
I have brought a car from 1100$ to 750$ that way

1 - 5 of 5 Posts