VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
39,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rectangle Slope Font Line Parallel

We're seeing the GBP down to only $1.09 now from $1.38 back in October of last year and as high as $1.71 in summer of 2014. So does this have anyone thinking about what UK cars you'd like to import now at a 20% or more discount from what they'd have cost you a year ago?

I still think the first gen Elise is one of the most timeless cars, at least in terms of styling. The engines may be trash and I wouldn't fit in one, but just such a modern/retro classic style in a way that they walked away from in the refreshes that followed.

I always loved the big round headlights that made me think of the old Bugeye Sprite from back in the day, but the Series 1 was from before they exported the Elise to the US.

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Vehicle Tire

· Registered
39,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
We're only a couple years from 2025 so if some American wants something bad enough, they could buy it now and hold it in UK storage a few years before importing it. Sadly though, the pound has gone up a decent amount since I created this thread. I mean - sad for us but probably for the best for people who actually live in the UK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts