VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i never let anyone work on my cars unless its me doing the work. but the other day i went and drained the oil to change it and realized i hadnt put any back in. mom said she needed milk so i said ill go. i got bout 15ft down the dirtroad and POOF. no oil plus Xtreme heat =s boom boom. wander if my warranty covers this

· Registered
1,131 Posts
Re: broke my fast (SleeptightGTI)

Quote, originally posted by SleeptightGTI »
but the other day i went and drained the oil to change it and realized i hadnt put any back in. mom said she needed milk so i said ill go.

Then it's your fault, no? How could you forget putting oil in if you were the one who drained it??

· Registered
15,541 Posts
Re: broke my fast (94_Red_Jetta)

Quote, originally posted by 94_Red_Jetta »

Then it's your fault, no? How could you forget putting oil in if you were the one who drained it??

hehehe c'mon man, give him a break, it happens to everyone at least once.......well, except me, or anyone I know for that matter
weird

· Registered
8,019 Posts
Re: broke my fast (Thatguy03)

Quote, originally posted by Thatguy03 »

hehehe c'mon man, give him a break, it happens to everyone at least once.......well, except me, or anyone I know for that matter
weird

Yeah, I try to offer some sense of understanding to fellow 'tex-ers but this one... i can't.

· Registered
158 Posts
Re: broke my fast (SleeptightGTI)

Quote, originally posted by SleeptightGTI »
wander if my warranty covers this

I wander if there is a warranty in the world that would cover someone forgetting to put oil into their car after they drained it.
Good luck man.

· Registered
15,541 Posts
Re: (placenta)

if they break open the combustion chamber, and see the HORRIBLE scorn marks on the piston skirt, and cylinder wall, they will know what it was in 10 seconds.
you're better off bashing open your oil pan and saying it leaked out.

· Internet Lighting Police
9,505 Posts
Actually.......

I'd hate to see the "I just replaced my shortblock, and forgot to put the piston rings in" post

The first post would be:
"where do these ring like thingies go? I've got a hand full of them can I leave some out?"
Post 2:
"I have a crate of leftover parts - how much should I sell them for on Ebay"
Post 3:
"this new damn piece of sh** engine doesn't work and those fools at VWoA won't fix it under warranty. I'm never buying another VW again!"

· Registered
3,023 Posts
Re: Attitudes like your's..... (Thatguy03)

My wife cracked the oil pan (at stock height) in her 1.8T Jetta and blew the motor. Insurance picked up the repair (she hit something in the road) - it was $7500. She didn't need a new turbo, but if she did, it would have run another $1500 or so. Dealership will never warranty that - you're better off calling the insurance company to see if they'll cover the repair.

· Registered
6,074 Posts
Re: (Thatguy03)

if they break open the combustion chamber, and see the HORRIBLE scorn marks on the piston skirt, and cylinder wall, they will know what it was in 10 seconds.
you're better off bashing open your oil pan and saying it leaked out.

X2

· Registered
3,285 Posts
Re: Actually....... (cb1111)

Quote, originally posted by cb1111 »

The first post would be:
"where do these ring like thingies go? I've got a hand full of them can I leave some out?"
Post 2:
Post 3:
"this new damn piece of sh** engine doesn't work and those fools at VWoA won't fix it under warranty. I'm never buying another VW again!"

The Vortex in a nutshell.

· Registered
4,005 Posts
long story short...
when i had my VR6 MKIV Jetta...didnt know the road to much...agressive drop in grade...car went air borne...oil pan broke oil all over the road...perfect 360 in the middle of the road...engine stopped...
this was a while ago relatively when i got my license...my dad told them a squirrel ran out in front of me and i slammed on the brakes and some how busted the oil pan...dont ask me why the insurances company bought it but they did...
went from 7500 plus out of my pocket to 500 detuctable and i upgraded the clutch and mounts while i was at it...
lucky thing was there was a squirrel in the middle of the road...so it wasnt really insurance fraud...

· Banned
Tesla Cat Nose
24,902 Posts
Re: Actually....... (cb1111)

Quote, originally posted by cb1111 »
The first post would be:
Post 2:
Post 3:

Perfectly stated

· Registered
7,295 Posts
Re: broke my fast (jordantbro)

Quote, originally posted by jordantbro »

I wander if there is a warranty in the world that would cover someone forgetting to put oil into their car after they drained it.
Good luck man.

sign me up for that warranty

good luck, post up how you make out.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.