VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this past weekend I noticed my exhaust hanging quite a bit lower than normal. I took a look under my car today and noticed the hangar on the front side of the muffler pipe to be bent and a hole in my exhaust. I only had it on my car now for like 6 months.
I emailed GHL today to see if they could help out, but I didn't send in the warranty card unfortunately.
Anyone else have this sort of problem and what did you do to fix it, and did GHL hook you up?
I'll try to get a pic up of it later.

Modified by d0wnShifT at 9:48 PM 6-20-2005

·
Registered
11,544 Posts
Re: Broken GHL exhaust..... (d0wnShifT)

actually, about 2 weeks ago i had a break in the exact same place. i contacted ghl and they said they would replace the part for free and all that, but after taking a look at it myself, i could see it wasnt a bad fracture at all. so - i fixed it myself, i bent the rod back to its correct position and rewelded around it. (heavily, with stainless wire of course). i also attached a gusset below the rod to the pipe to strenthen the whole deal so it wont happen again. everything has been fine since then.
if they dont hook you up, and you dont have access to a weld machine (or lack the nessisary skills) take it to a muffler shop, they should be able to fix that up for less than 30 bucks. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
Re: Broken GHL exhaust..... (TurboWraith)

GHL has always taken care of me.
tell me...did you just notice your exhaust was hanging a bit lower? or...did you hear a rattle? checked it out because of an exhaust leak?
what led you under the car?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Broken GHL exhaust..... (shotofgmplease)

TurboWraith- did GHL want you to send the exhaust back before they sent you a new one??

I honestly was just unloading some German Castrol (25qts)
from my trunk and noticed the exhaust was lower, probably by at least 2.5", so that led to the investigating under the car...
before i looked under I heard the exhaust was just a little off note

·
Registered
11,544 Posts

Quote, originally posted by d0wnShifT »
TurboWraith- did GHL want you to send the exhaust back before they sent you a new one??

I honestly was just unloading some German Castrol (25qts)
from my trunk and noticed the exhaust was lower, probably by at least 2.5", so that led to the investigating under the car...
before i looked under I heard the exhaust was just a little off note

yes, which is why i opted to fix it myself. not saying anything against GHL (i did buy their exhaust afterall) i just trust my own work more than someone elses. always have been that way, plus, i didnt want to have to drive my car without a muffler for 2 weeks.
talk about a headache

·
Registered
2,701 Posts

Quote, originally posted by shotofgmplease »
GHL has always taken care of me.
tell me...did you just notice your exhaust was hanging a bit lower? or...did you hear a rattle? checked it out because of an exhaust leak?
what led you under the car?

i had a issue with a bad weld. had the new pipe by the end of the week. by far they have one of the best cust. service i've ever delt with.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif to GHL

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Broken GHL exhaust..... (technofly7)

cool... thanks all for the help... i think i'll just see what GHL has to say.. if they can send out another muffler before i take the bad one off then i'll go that route... if i have to send in my bad one, which i will probably have to do, then i'll probably fix it myself

·
Registered
7,663 Posts

Quote, originally posted by technofly7 »

i had a issue with a bad weld. had the new pipe by the end of the week. by far they have one of the best cust. service i've ever delt with.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif to GHL

GHL has incredible customer service and i could honestly say that as long as their in business, they will always have me as a customer. I had a broken weld on the resonator aswell due to a bad batch that went out and I had not only 1 sent to me immediately but 2 since I had purchased a 3" TB for my girl's car aswell. He said..well they came at the same time and their is a chance of it happening to her exhaust aswell. Might aswell cover you now! Needless to say, I was very impressed. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif to GHL
Quote, originally posted by d0wnShifT »
cool... thanks all for the help... i think i'll just see what GHL has to say.. if they can send out another muffler before i take the bad one off then i'll go that route... if i have to send in my bad one, which i will probably have to do, then i'll probably fix it myself

Call them up and speak with Jeff. I know the warranty card is basically your ticket to have this resolved without even thinking about it. If he does help you out, you might aswell ask if he can send you another warranty card and get that taken care of. Anyways, I hope he can help you out.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts

why didn't you send back the warranty card? that was basically one of the selling points on the ghl system...lifetime warranty. The welds on my muffler cracked and they sent me a new muffler section before sending mine back. Customer services gets an A+. The new muffler has been on for about a year now, and seems to be holding well.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Re: Broken GHL exhaust..... (Frank aka Rick)

yeah deff mail the warranty card in if you have it and then call them back. I had an issue with a race system falling apart and they hooked me up with a system real quick. A++ to Jeff @ GHL for great customer service

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.