VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being the idiot that I am I broke off the knob that switches between L and R for the power mirrors. Has anyone else had to replace this part or perhaps broken in one way or another. I am still under my warr'ty so I was thinking I might tell them that it just fell off

Just thought I would ask fellow Vortexer's
Thanks

·
Registered
579 Posts
Re: Broken Power Mirror Knob (jbutcher)

I broke it off while cleaning my car a couple of weeks ago, I took the car to my dealership and told the that while playing around with the mirrors it came OFF!!
THey ate it and fixed it under warranty....

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Re: Broken Power Mirror Knob (NC-GTI)

Quote, originally posted by NC-GTI »
Owned my car over three years and never even come close to breaking the knob. What gives with the rough treatment folks?

Funny you mention that--- mine broke off during -40 cold, and I have just gotten around to replacing it. I guess with a name like NC(North Carolina?) -GTI you have never experienced true cold of northern Canada.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I have a 99 passat and 4 years ago, there were many a discussion about broken knobs, and I thought people were abusing these parts until I just noticed mine was missing as well. I hardly ever adjusted this, or abused it in any way and now remember that these parts seemed to break for almost no reason

·
Banned
6,488 Posts
Re: Broken Power Mirror Knob (billy-vr6)

Quote, originally posted by billy-vr6 »
I guess with a name like NC(North Carolina?) -GTI you have never experienced true cold of northern Canada.

Actually northern Ohio, and yes we have sub-zero weather here. We are just more careful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts