VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I waited all day and finally at 6:00p.m. they showed up with a box post marker Potterman's

Inside

Maybe I can learn something and pass it on and begin to settle some of the long standing debates that we have about mods and products. But most likely it will only lead to more heated conversations and unsolved answers.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Re: Brown came today :) (VW97Jetta)

dude, i have that one. it is EXCELLENT. very, very informative. it mostly cover suspension setups. amazon.com has that one as a package deal with a watercooled vw performance manual by a guy named Raven. that one is from like 1997, and deal mostly with engine buildups. the one you has a lot of how to do articles in it. very good reading.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Re: Brown came today :) (zilla)

quote:[HR][/HR]I have this one:

it's a good read.[HR][/HR]​

that's the other one. it's pretty good, i thought. gives you a good idea of vw engines, if you've never messed with one ( like me)

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Brown came today :) (bigteal)

I've had the book 6 hours and am 70 pages in. It's pretty informative so far. So far a must for any one that wants tune their car into a street driven race car, but I'll give a better "review" of the book once I've read the whole thing.

·
Registered
37,610 Posts
Re: Brown came today :) (zilla)

quote:[HR][/HR]I have this one:

it's a good read.[HR][/HR]​
Watch this one, verify ANY number in there you're basing something on. There are a lot of mis-types and WRONG info on some of the techinical topics.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Re: Brown came today :) (tenacious jett)

I have that book it is quite good helps alot works great inconjunction with the bently manual since it dosent get specific about basic Howtos. I wish it was a little more in depth about how to do little things to pull a little more from your engine. PS where are these all vw salvage yards they speak of?
-Jake

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Brown came today :) (redGLS)

It is all about tuning a car to be a weekend racecar or a high performance one. It covers everything from every component of suspension, intake systems, cylinder heads, throttle bodies, exhaust, and everything else under the bonnet.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Re: Brown came today :) (Schnell-Corrado)

Heh. Gotta love it.. good luck scrubbin'.

I have that book as well.. decent. Goes into a lot of information for auto-x applications. Decent resource when used in conjunction w/ the Bentley. Nice buy.. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Brown came today :) (englands2lgls)

www.parts4vw.com the only web address you will ever need

26 shipped for the tuning manual and the regular Bentley's very the A3 is about 50 but some get as expensive as 100. Also other online book retailers (amazon.com, b&n.com)

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Re: Brown came today :) (englands2lgls)

I have them both.More of a novelty to me.Most stuff seem irrevelent or basic to most stuff we already know.There is some good tech stuff but nothing thats eye opening and usable IMO.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts