VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Another Southern Wörthersee has come and gone, this one has been bittersweet. Even though I enjoyed my time in Helen GA it seems that once again people have taken it too far. This year set record numbers over 23,000 people ascended into the tiny town, but it seemed like few for the right reasons. Reports quickly arose of terror and destruction, the cops lenient measures and to even allow burnouts to take place seemed to spiral out of control. One things for certain this was no longer about the cars. The next day the reminisce of destruction was everywhere, trash littering every corner of the beautiful Bavarian town. Burnout marks up and down the quiet streets, the smell of regret still lingered. This wasn't the SoWo I remembered. It came to no surprise that just 2 days later the city decided to vote against the event for 2016. As much as the decision not to have SoWo 2016 disappoints me.... I think its what this event needs to get back to the way it was.

I chose once again not to film or partake in the mayhem, but instead to show what SoWo is for me. This video is a collection of my weekend in Helen, GA.

Enjoy

Thank you to our sponsors

Car Show TV
Deutsche Auto

Also special thanks to Tone & Bill at Troy Built Models for the use of the new DJI Inspire 1

Some photo's I took.

Thanks for looking!​

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Once again you've managed to grasp the emotion of what makes this a great event. Thank you for not celebratizing the idiots who only want a moment of attention.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts