VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about 80% done with my BT setup. Just waiting for Uni to send me back my ECU, gotta install the inline pump, do some fabing for my FMIC, and some odds and ends.
Anyway, my big pickle is that I don't have a TIP yet. Reason being is that I'm going MAFLess and did not want to buy the BT TIP from ATP. The more I look at it, how does that even fit in there when the coolant lines are in the way? Do they have to be modified? If so, how? I don't see what I can do with that metal coolant line going into the rubber one. Has anyone come across this problem before? If I really have to get that TIP for my T3/T4 than I will and I'll block off the port holes. I'd rather make something custom instead.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Pictures of what some of you did would be helpful too!
Thanks

· Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (SlowGolf1)

Quote, originally posted by SlowGolf1 »
You pull the hard coolant line down a bit

Pull it down? How much can it be pulled down? I know this may sound kind of
, but how exactly do I go about doing that? Do I just unclamp it, pull down, and re-clamp it? My turbo sits fairly low as it is, so I don't know how its going to work. I will try it for sure, but I don't see how its going to help. I'm a skeptic.

· Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

You can do it from under the car. Grap the hard line and pull down slow. Pull down enough to get your 90* coupler ATP gives you for the inlet http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

That's the thing, I didn't buy the BT TIP from ATP because I'm going MAFless and want a solid pipe that goes to the compressor housing and then attach my AF to it. So your saying, lift the car, slowly pull down on the hard line, and install a 90* couple and I'll be all set?

· Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (screwball)

Quote, originally posted by screwball »
why not just fab it yourself?

I am going to fab a TIP myself. However, all I need to know is what the heck to do with the coolant lines so that I can get some sort of adapter put on so that I can attach a TIP to it.

· Registered
5,840 Posts
Re: (GLiMKIV)

Quote, originally posted by GLiMKIV »

That's the thing, I didn't buy the BT TIP from ATP because I'm going MAFless and want a solid pipe that goes to the compressor housing and then attach my AF to it. So your saying, lift the car, slowly pull down on the hard line, and install a 90* couple and I'll be all set?

So are you making your own tip? Follow ATPs lead just dont install the maf http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

So are you making your own tip? Follow ATPs lead just dont install the maf http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Yes, I will be making my own. I DON'T have ATP's BT TIP. I don't have a TIP as of yet. I want to make my own. I just need to know what to do about the stuff in the way, mainly the coolant lines.

· Registered
5,840 Posts

NO NEED TO YELL ......................................

I know you dont have ATPs BT inlet. I said that meaning to use that as an example of how to make yours. I dont have ATP stuff and I used it as an example. I used a 45* cpupler and a pipe......................

I started out with a 45* coupler and a 3" U bend and came up with this

This is how I finished it

Modified by SlowGolf1 at 7:20 PM 3-19-2008

· Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

NO NEED TO YELL ......................................

I know you dont have ATPs BT inlet. I said that meaning to use that as an example of how to make yours. I dont have ATP stuff and I used it as an example. I used a 45* cpupler and a pipe......................

I started out with a 45* coupler and a 3" U bend and came up with this

This is how I finished it

Modified by SlowGolf1 at 7:20 PM 3-19-2008

I guess what I'll do is try to pull down on the coolant pipe a bit. I believe I have a 45* elbow. I will see if that works. If not, I'll order a 90* elbo and make some other piping. What's also different is that like I said, your turbo sits much higher than mine because of your custom exhaust manifold.
And I wasn't trying to yell. Sorry if I came off a little strong man. I apologize. It's just a little frustrating. I know you know how it feels!

Modified by GLiMKIV at 9:26 PM 3-19-2008

· Registered
5,840 Posts

Yea I saw, it's sick! Any other recommendations?

I had ATPs kit before and with the location it puts the turbo you will need a 90* off the turbo to get the inlet high enough. With ATPs it was a 90* coupler and a 90* pipe

ATP GT871R kit

Modified by SlowGolf1 at 7:37 PM 3-19-2008

· Banned
4,895 Posts

this was on a t3/t4. it didnt use a MAF. it needs a couple small pieces of metal welded on so you have something to connect your DV (if using one), your crankcase ventilation, ect. to. i was going to use it my current project but im doing something else (with a MAF). it was custom made by KTR Performance in Mass. its just sitting around my house...would this help you?

· Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (dcEuro)

Thanks for all the help. I'll get a 90* elbow and go to Columbia River Mandrel to get some aluminum tubing.
This is off topic, but, the vacuum box on top of the valve cover, I notice that many people remove that. Is it useless? Would I just cap off that vacuum line that goes to the box?

· Registered
2,270 Posts

Thanks for all the help. I'll get a 90* elbow and go to Columbia River Mandrel to get some aluminum tubing.
This is off topic, but, the vacuum box on top of the valve cover, I notice that many people remove that. Is it useless? Would I just cap off that vacuum line that goes to the box?
you dont need it..Just cap it off at the hard line http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.