VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having some problems getting moving, the car is bucking like crazy if it doesn't stall (unless the clutch is dumped with full throttle) This is getting very annoying. Under normal driving it just acts like it's not getting any fuel but once the car is moving it's fine. Anyone had this before? I'm guessing fuel pressure regulator or a very sticky clutch all of a sudden. I'm going to check the fuel system real quick but thought I'd see if anyone had any thoughts here......thnx

·
Registered
829 Posts
Re: 'bucking' condition??? (glepko)

Mine is doing that as of right now. It's done that before and I replaced it with new spark plugs and distributor cap and especially the COOLANT TEMP. SENSOR.
So, we'll see after tomorrow to see if that's the problem again.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 'bucking' condition??? (koncepted)

coolant temp sensor? haven't thought of that yet, my plugs, rotor and cap all look fine....i'm going to replace the damned fuel filter...what a pain in the arse

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: 'bucking' condition??? (Dr Don Madbug's Dad)

Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look at that but why would the problem only occur under normal driving conditions, just light acceleration, or driving in a parking lot, but dumping the clutch and going to full throttle the damn thing runs fine? I'll let you know how that boot looks.....

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Re: 'bucking' condition??? (glepko)

quote:[HR][/HR]Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look at that but why would the problem only occur under normal driving conditions, just light acceleration, or driving in a parking lot, but dumping the clutch and going to full throttle the damn thing runs fine? I'll let you know how that boot looks.....
[HR][/HR]​
Yep.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: 'bucking' condition??? (gearhead455)

Damn you guys are good!! Thanks a ton...that boot is junk! I would have pulled all of my hair out and never looked at that....now to find and get one on a saturday??

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: 'bucking' condition??? (gearhead455)

quote:[HR][/HR]The intake air boot may be torn/loose. Every time the engine rocks on accel, the hole in the intake boot opens up and drops the CIS metering plate. [HR][/HR]​
a final update....replacing that boot....WOW....I forgot how nice this car runs when all is well! so smmmmoooooooth
thnx again fellas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.